The CNC Milling/Turning Technical Masterclass will discuss the journey to excellence that training managers have taken by using their experience of sharing best practice with international counterparts, developing these ideas and systems within the WorldSkills UK developing excellence framework.
We will explore what these world-class standards are and how we can use them to help us benchmark and inform our technical teaching back here in the UK FE system.
We will demonstrate how to develop higher technical competencies in students and apprentices by covering examples of basic, but crucial, techniques that can improve learners’ skill levels.
Learning outcomes will include:
– gain a better understanding of world-class standards and international best practice
– understand and identify what international standards and excellence looks like at WorldSkills
– explain how to choose correct cutters for different applications
– apply efficient toolpath strategies
– create accurate CAD/CAM wireframe with speed
– measure, set and test tool lengths and work offsets with precision
– reflect on learning in post event virtual masterclasses to share and collaborate: Wednesday 16th February 2022 10.00-12.00.
Facilitators from organisations including: Coleg Cambria, GKN Aerospace, WorldSkills Austria and Quickgrind. Learn more about our speakers.