Hairdressers treat and care for clients’ hair. They give personalised consultations on every visit to ensure that they can deliver professional advice on the best way that their hair may enhance a client’s appearance whilst suiting their individual personality.
They cut, style, and colour hair according to a client’s wishes, at the same time giving professional advice on how to maintain and look after their hair at home.
This competition assesses the skills and abilities of competitors entering the field of Hairdressing.
- This is an individual competition
- There is no limit to the number of team entries per organisation
- Competitors must be familiar with the core competencies (these can be found in the Tools section below) and must not have more than 5 years’ industry experience
Steps to taking part in this skills competition
- Register to enter this competition by 12 April 2019.
- Competitors are requested to submit an entry for initial assessment, the closing date is 19 April 2019.
- Shortlisted competitors will be invited to a National Qualifier during Spring/Summer 2019.
- WorldSkills UK quality assures the results and finalists will be notified by September 2019.
- Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2019 as part of WorldSkills UK LIVE.
Please note: this Competition has a preliminary phase, the closing date is 19 April 2019.
- The competition overview, core competencies and pre-competition activity pack are available to download below. These documents are designed to help you prepare for each stage of the competition. These are not the passive stage documents, which will be sent directly to competitors during the registration process.
Heats, dates and venues
|29/05/2019||Belfast Met College, Titanic Qtr campus|
|10/06/2019||New College Lanarkshire, Coatbridge Campus|
|11/06/2019||Rotherham College, Rotherham campus|
|12/06/2019||Coleg Cambria, Deeside Campus|
|17/06/2019||Highbury College Portsmouth, Portsmouth campus|
|18/06/2019||Weston College, Knightstone Campus|
|19/06/2019||Kidderminster College, Kidderminster Campus|
David Drew (L'Oreal) with Kelly Bishop Hairdressing Gold Medal 2015
Competition organising partner
L’Oréal Professional Products is the competition organising partner for the Hairdressing competition.Find out more