Register to compete
Competition registration was open from 1 March - 7 April 2016
Entering a competition
Learners, apprentices and employees from England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales can register online between 1 March and 7 April 2016 to secure a place in one of the heats around the UK.
Each skills competition has detailed information about the competition including any specific entry criteria.
- Review the Competition Rules
- Review the competition overview and guidance materials available for each competition. Some competitions may have specific entry procedures.
- Register online between 1 March to 7 April 2016
- Entrants will be sent an invitation to the next stage of the competition
- Use the range of WorldSkills UK Resources to prepare to participate in the competition
- The competitors/teams who achieve the highest scores nationally in the live heats or passive stages, will be invited to compete at the National UK Final to be held at The Skills Show in November
SkillBuild - Entering a building competition
Competition entry for SkillBuild was open until 11 March 2016.
Building competitions, called SkillBuild, are run by CITB with the endorsement of WorldSkills UK. SkillBuild covers the following competitions:
- Cabinet Making
- Dry Walling Systems
- Painting and Decorating
- Wall and Floor Tiling
Who can enter
Regional and national competitions
Competitors must be 16+ years and should be either working towards or have recently completed Level 2,3 or 4 qualifications in their related skill. Competitors can be either full time or part time students and do not have to be an Apprentice to take part.
At international level there is an age restriction of 22 – 25 years old depending on the skill.
- View the competition rules for further information
Penalty for non-attendance
If you fail to attend a competition heat, and have not notified the WorldSkills UK Contact Centre or the Competition Organiser at least 5 days in advance of the first day of competition, the Competition Organiser is authorised to charge a non-attendance fee of £50 per Competitor or Team. Please ensure you review the WorldSkills UK Terms and Conditions for further information.