The event involved a panel discussion about how to develop high standards in technical education to help young people educators and employers.
The panel included:
– Chair: Louise Warde Hunter, Principal and Chief Executive, Belfast Metropolitan College
– Heather Cousins, Head of Skills Education Group, Department for the Economy
– Brian Doran, Principal and Chief Executive, Southern Regional College
– Dr Neil Bentley-Gockmann OBE, CEO, WorldSkills UK
– David Gallagher, Chief Executive, NCFE
The event provided an excellent opportunity to hear leading stakeholders in the skills system discuss the Department for the Economy’s Skills for a 10x Economy strategy and how colleges and training providers can work with WorldSkills UK to help young people access world-class standards in technical and employability skills to secure high-quality jobs in Northern Ireland.
The event was also an opportunity to welcome the Northern Ireland Consortium (Belfast Metropolitan College; Northern Regional College; Southern Regional College; South Eastern Regional College; North West Regional College; South West College) who joined the second year of our Centre of Excellence, in partnership with NCFE.