The Championing the Way in Schools Programme offers fun and engaging interactive skills workshops for secondary and FE students that will be delivered by specialist, inspiring young professionals. Our Skills Champions act as peer role models and provide unique insight into their sector by sharing their personal stories and top tips for success during interactive workshops on their specialist skill.
Benefits for participating schools include:
- Free for schools and colleges to participate in the programme
- WorldSkills UK will handle all coordination of the sessions for you
- Interaction with Skills Champions as high achieving, motivational young role models
- Interactive workshops so students can Have a Go at new skills and challenge preconceptions about a particular working environment or sector
- Opportunity to quiz our Skills Champions about their route into self-employment or owning a business so students can develop awareness of entrepreneurial skills
Who are the sessions for?
They will be tailored for students’ academic year and can be one of the following skills (to name a few);
- Health, Hospitality and Lifestyle – health & social care, fitness training, beauty therapy, media-make-up
- Engineering and Technology – robotics, mechatronics, manufacturing team challenge
- Construction and Infrastructure – joinery, plastering, construction metalwork
- Digital, Business and Creative – 3D game art, visual merchandising, web design, cyber security
How long are the sessions?
The classroom workshops can be 60-90 minutes in length for up to 40 students per Skills Champion or we can deliver assemblies for up to 150 students. If you would like to arrange a session outside of these parameters, please contact us at SkillsChampions@worldskillsuk.org to discuss further.