Entering a competition
Learners, apprentices and employees from England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales can register online between 1 March and 7 April 2018 to secure a place in one of the heats around the UK.
Please ensure that the full competitor registration process is completed, including accepting the Terms and Conditions, otherwise registrants will not be accepted.
Each skills competition has detailed information about the competition including any specific entry criteria.
- Review the Competition Rules
- Review the competition overview and guidance materials available for each competition. Some competitions may have specific entry procedures.
- Register online between 1 March to 7 April 2018
- Registration closes at 5pm, 7 April. After this time, WorldSkills UK will not accept competitor name changes, other than in exceptional circumstances.
- Entrants will be sent an invitation to the next stage of the competition
- Use the range of WorldSkills UK Resources to prepare to participate in the competition
- The competitors/teams who achieve the highest scores nationally in National Qualifiers, will be invited to compete at the National UK Final to be held at The Skills Show in November
Before you start registering, please ensure that you have the following information to hand regarding your competitor; you will need the following information in order to complete a registration.
- First name
- Mobile number
- Email address
- Home address
- Organisation name
- Organisation location
- Details of point of contact
- Date of birth
- Unique Learner Number
- Highest relevant qualification achieved
- Apprenticeship status
- Team Name
If you have any enquiries please contact us on T: 0800 612 0742 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Penalty for non-attendance
If you fail to attend a competition heat, and have not notified the WorldSkills UK Contact Centre, T: 0800 612 0742 E: email@example.com, or the Competition Organiser at least 5 days in advance of the first day of competition, the Competition Organiser is authorised to charge a non-attendance fee of £50 per Competitor or Team. Please ensure you review the WorldSkills UK Terms and Conditions for further information.