A Florist is a professional who has specialised knowledge of plants and flowers and is skilled at producing floral designs to a high standard for all occasions.
The competition has been designed to reflect the work role of a florist, including skills such as time management, planning and problem solving.
- This is an individual competition.
- There is no limit to the number of team entries per organisation.
- Competitors must be familiar with the core competencies (these can be found in the Tools section below) and not have more than 5 years’ industry experience.
Steps to taking part in this skills competition
- Register to enter this competition by 12 April 2019.
- Individuals will be invited to a National Qualifier during Spring/Summer 2019. There is a preliminary phase to be submitted by 12 April.
- WorldSkills UK quality assure the results and finalists will be notified by September 2019.
- Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2019 as part of WorldSkills UK LIVE.
Please note: this Competition has a preliminary phase, which involves submitting a photographic entry for initial assessment by 12 April
- Download the competition overview and core competencies from the Tools section to find out more about this skills competition and help with your preparation.
- Pre-competition activity pack will be available soon
Heats, dates and venues
|02/05/2019||Bcton College, Budleigh Salterton, Devon, EX9 7BY|
|18/05/2019||Capel Manor College, Enfield Centre, Bullsmoor Lane, Enfield, EN1 4RQ|
|06/06/2019||Moreton Morrell College|
|11/06/2019||Sheffield College, Hillsborough Campus, Livesy Street, Hlllsborough, Sheffield, S6 2ET|
|12/06/2019||Coleg Cambria, Deeside, Kelsterton Road, Connahs Quay, Deeside, Flintshire, CH5 4BR|
|20/06/2019||CAFRE, Greenmount Campus, 45 Tirgracy Road, Muckamore, Antrim, BT414PS|
Competition organising partner
The British Florist Association is the competition organising partner for the floristry competition.Find out more