Mechatronics Engineers build, maintain, repair and programme equipment control systems for the automation industry.
The competition is designed for two individuals to work as a team, testing their logic, design and fault-finding skills in a challenging environment. Competitors are expected to apply their theoretical knowledge of fundamental principles, automation, pneumatic, electrical/electronic and PLC technologies.
- This is for 2 competitors competing as a team
- There is no limit to the number of entries per organisation
- Competitors must be familiar with the core competencies (these can be found in the Tools section below) and must not have more than 3 years’ industry experience.
Steps to taking part in this skills competition
- Register to enter this competition by 12 April 2019
- Teams will be invited to a National Qualifier during Spring/Summer 2019.
- WorldSkills UK quality assure the results and finalists will be notified by September 2019.
- Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2019 as part of WorldSkills UK LIVE.
- Download the competition overview and pre-competition activity pack from the Tools section to find out more about this skills competition and help with your preparation.
Heats, dates and venues
|01/05/2019||Northern Regional College, Ballymena Campus, Farm Lodge Building, Farm Lodge Avenue, Ballymena BT43 7DF|
|09/05/2019||Festo Ltd, Applied Automation Centre, Caswell Road, Brackmills, Northampton, NN4 7PY|
|22/05/2019||Middlesex University, The Burroughs, London, NW4 4BT|
Competition organising partner
Semta is the competition organising partner for the Mechatronics competition.Find out more