BIM or Building Information Modelling is a process for creating and managing information on a construction project across the project lifecycle.
One of the key outputs of this process is the Building Information Model, the digital description of every aspect of the built asset. This model draws on information assembled collaboratively and updated at key stages of a project. Creating a digital Building Information Model enables those who interact with the building to optimise their actions, resulting in a greater whole life value for the asset.
The Competition has been designed to reflect the role of a BIM Modeller and the standards that are expected within the AEC industry.
- This is an individual Competition
- There is no limit to the number of entries per organisation
- Competitors must be familiar with the core competencies (these can be found in the Tools section below) and have achieved a Level 3 in the last 12 months
Steps to taking part in this skills competition
- Register to enter this Competition by 5 April 2019
- Competitors will be invited to a National Qualifier during Spring/Summer 2019.
- WorldSkills UK quality assure the results and finalists will be notified by September 2019.
- Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2019 as part of WorldSkills UK LIVE.
- Download the competition overview, core competencies and pre-competition activity pack from the tools section to find out more about this skills Competition and help with your preparation.
Heats, dates and venues
|Date TBC||London Southbank Uni|
|Date TBC||Salford Uni|
|Date TBC||New College Lanarkshire|