Restaurant Service competition focus on all the essential requirements for embarking on a career working within the hospitality industry. This is designed to showcase the skills and knowledge SEND learners have of using this software.
This competition tests competitors’ Skills and knowledge of creating a suitable table layout for 2 people.
Competitors will be required to set a ‘table for 2 people’, for 3 course meal to fit a specific theme. (theme will be given once registered)
Competitors will have 30 minutes to complete this task:
- Wipe/clean table.
- Place and polish cutlery (using a cloth).
- Each setting to include a water glass. (wine glass optional)
- Each setting to include a napkin (paper napkins will be provided).
- Setting to include decoration to fit theme.
- This is an individual competition
- A maximum of up to 3 registrations per campus and up to 6 registrants per organisation
- Competitors must be familiar with the core competencies (these can be found in the Useful Information section below) and have achieved or working towards Entry Level 3(England and Wales), Level 2 ( Northern Ireland), Access 3 (Scotland) and must not have passed the next level within 6 months of the competition. This competition is designed for SEND learners who have statement of learning difficulty/disability
How you can take part
- Register to enter this competition from 2 March to 2 April 2020
- Competitors will be invited to a National Qualifier during Spring/Summer 2020.
- WorldSkills UK quality assure the National Qualifier results and finalists will be notified in July 2020
- Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2020 as part of WorldSkills UK LIVE
Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2020 as part of WorldSkills UK LIVE
Where you can take part
|Hull College||Hull||East of England||05/05/2020|
|South Eastern Regional College||Lisburn||Northern Ireland||09/05/2020|
|New College Durham||Durham||North East||18/05/2020|
|North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire||Nuneaton||East Midlands||15/05/2020|
|New College Lanarkshire||Motherwell||Scotland||28/05/2020|
|City of Glasgow- City Campus||Glasgow||Scotland||03/06/2020|
|Cardiff and Vale College||Cardiff||Wales||17/06/2020|
Colin Galley: Colin.Galley@newdur.ac.uk