The focus of the Hairdressing competition is to gain essential knowledge and skills for embarking on a career working within the hairdressing industry. The competition is designed to showcase the skills and knowledge of SEND learners.
This is an Individual competition. Competitors will be required to dress long hair head during the competition to create a total evening look, and to include a plait and ornamentation.
Competitors have a free choice of Long Hair Design, which may consist of up-style, down-style or combination of both.
NO colour is to be used for this skill test. No electrics to be used for this skills test. Competitors will be required to carry out their look on mannequin head.
The hair must be of one uniform colour and 60cm (24inches) long and in its natural state. (head must not be pre-prepared prior to competition)
No dressing or draping of the mannequin is allowed. No cutting of the mannequin is allowed.
Competitors must bring all equipment, head and floor stand to the competition.
- This is an individual competition
- A maximum of up to 3 registrations per campus and up to 6 registrations per organisation.
- Competitors must be familiar with the core competencies (these can be found in the Useful Information section below) and have achieved or working towards an Entry Level 3 (England & Wales), Level 2 (Northern Ireland) or Access 3 (Scotland) in the last 12 months
- This competition is designed for SEND learners who have statement of learning difficulty/disability
How you can take part
- Register to enter this competition from 2 March to 2 April 2020
- Competitors will be invited to a National Qualifier during Spring/Summer 2020.
- WorldSkills UK quality assure the National Qualifier results and finalists will be notified in July 2020
- Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2020 as part of WorldSkills UK LIVE
Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2020 as part of WorldSkills UK LIVE
Where you can take part
|Hartlepool College||Hartlepool||North East||04/05/2020|
|Kidderminister College||Kidderminister||West Midlands||05/05/2020|
|Highbury College||Portsmouth||South East||06/05/2020|
|Weston College||Weston||South West||07/05/2020|
|North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire||Nuneaton||East Midlands||15/05/2020|
|North West Regional College||Londonderry||Northern Ireland||18/05/2020|
|New College Lanarkshire- Motherwell Campus||Motherwell||Scotland||28/05/2020|
Please contact email@example.com
Please see below to download material in order to help candidates prepare for the competition.