Culinary Artists have a good knowledge of all aspects of a modern kitchen including basic butchery, fishmongery and bakery, along with good cookery and presentation skills.
Responsible for the high-quality production of food served to customers in a retail dining situation; Culinary artists work with raw ingredients to create complex and intricate dishes to be served to customers. They may also be responsible for the creative aspect of compiling a menu.
This competition assesses the skills and abilities of competitors entering the field of Culinary Arts. Candidates will be expected to have a good grounding knowledge of all aspects of a modern kitchen, along with good cookery and presentation skills and be familiar with the core competencies
- This is an individual competition.
- A maximum of 3 competitors may enter this competition per location or campus, and up to a total of 9 per organisation.
- Competitors must be familiar with the core competencies (these can be found in the ‘useful information’ section below) and must not have more than 3 years’ industry experience.
How you can take part
- Register to enter this competition from 2 March to 2 April 2020.
- Competitors will be invited to a National Qualifier during Spring/Summer 2020.
- WorldSkills UK quality assure the results and finalists will be notified by September 2020.
- Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2020 as part of WorldSkills UK Live
Where you can take part
Dates and Venues of the competition and qualifiers will be confirmed at a later time.
Nicole Finnie, Gold medal winner 2015