Creative Media Make-Up artists will be expected to demonstrate their skills as make-up artists within dynamic media environments.
The competition focuses on all the essential requirements for a successful career in media make-up. Competitors will be expected to demonstrate their skills as make-up artists within dynamic media environments. Competitors must display one or more highly creative finished products that demonstrate knowledge of current fashion trends, make-up and costume design.
- This is an individual competition
- There is no limit to the number of entries per organisation
- Competitors must be familiar with the core competencies (these can be found in the Tools section below) and have achieved a full Level 2 Make-Up qualification within the last two years and/or are enrolled on a Make-Up programme of study working towards Level 2, Level 3 or Level 4.
Steps to taking part in this skills competition
- Register to enter this competition by 5 April 2019
- Competitors will be invited to submit a photographic entry for initial assessment by 15th April
- Shortlisted competitors will be invited to a National Qualifier during Spring/Summer 2019
- WorldSkills UK quality assure the results and finalists will be notified by September 2019
- Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2019 as part of WorldSkills UK LIVE
Please note: this Competition has a preliminary phase, which involves submitting a photographic entry for initial assessment.
- Download the competition overview, pre-competition activity pack and top tips from the Tools section to find out more about this skills competition and help with your preparation
Heats, dates and venues
|29/05/2019||Belfast Met College, Titanic Qtr campus|
|10/06/2019||New College Lanarkshire, Coatbridge Campus|
|11/06/2019||Rotherham College, Rotherham campus|
|12/06/2019||Coleg Cambria, Deeside Campus|
|17/06/2019||Highbury College Portsmouth, Portsmouth campus|
|18/06/2019||Weston College, Knightstone Campus|
|19/06/2019||Kidderminster College, Kidderminster Campus|
Coleg Cambria is the competition organising partner for the Creative Media Make-up competition.