A Beauty Therapy Practitioner (advanced) will be able to demonstrate expertise in general beauty services as well as being a specialist in two or three areas such as advanced body and facial treatments, makeup and skincare advice.
The competition focuses on the role and tasks of a Beauty Therapy Practitioner carrying out a range of services which reflect both current and traditional standards plus current industry requirements. This may include massage and spa treatments, advanced facial, makeup and manicure treatments.
As a competitor, you will also be tested on health and safety, exceptional client care and communication skills. Ideally you are looking to demonstrate your specialist skills and technical knowledge to the highest level with a view to progressing your career further in the beauty or spa therapy industry.
- This is an individual competition
- There is no limit to the number of entries per organisation
- Competitors must be familiar with the core competencies below, have excellent relevant knowledge of anatomy and physiology and are enrolled in a programme of study working towards Beauty Therapy Level 3 in the last 12 months
How you can take part
- Register to enter this competition from 2 March to 2 April 2020.
- Registered applicants will be invited to submit a photographic entry for initial assessment in the Passive stage early Spring.
- Shortlisted competitors will be invited to a National Qualifier during Spring/Summer 2020.
- WorldSkills UK quality assure the National Qualifier results and finalists will be notified by July 2020.
- Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2020 as part of WorldSkills UK LIVE
Where you can take part
|Forth Valley College||Glasgow||Scotland||12/06/2020|
|Trafford College Group, Altringham Campus||Manchester||North West||18/06/2020|
|Barnsley College||Barnsley||Yorkshire and Humberside||TBC|
Rona Griffiths email@example.com
Other competitions that may be of interest
Competition organising partner
Coleg Cambria is the competition organising partner for the Beauty Therapy Practitioner, Nail Technician, Commercial Make-up and Beauty Therapist.