Electronics Technicians manufacture and test electronic systems and equipment. They are also skilled at solving problems in electronic applications.
The competition has been designed to reflect the work role of an electronic technician, including skills such as time management, planning and problem solving.
Competitors undertake the role of an electronics technician and are required to work to industry recognised standards.
The competition is largely practical; however, competitors will be required to have a thorough understanding of design principles and theory associated with the fundamentals of electrical, analogue, and digital principles.
Competitors will also be expected to follow a set of pre-competition instructions and download the software to become familiar in the use of the dedicated printed circuit design software which is used in the competition
- This is an individual competition
- There is no limit to the number of entries per organisation
- Competitors must be familiar with the core competencies (these can be found in the Tools section below) and not have more than 3 years’ industry experience.
Steps to taking part in this skills competition
- Register to enter this competition by 12 April 2019
- Individuals will be invited to a National Qualifier during Spring/Summer 2019.
- WorldSkills UK quality assure the results and finalists will be notified by September 2019.
- Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2019 as part of WorldSkills UK LIVE.
- Download the competition overview and pre-competition activity pack from the Tools section to find out more about this skills competition and help with your preparation.
Heats, dates and venues
|15/05/2019||Gower College Swansea, Tycoch Road, Tycoch, SA2 9EB|
|22/05/2019||Middlesex University, The Burroughs, London, NW4 4BT|
|06/06/2019||Belfast Metropolitan College, Gerald Moag Campus, Building 2 Level 2 Room 6, 125-153 Millfield, Belfast, Co. Antrim, BT1 1HS|
|18/06/2019||Macclesfield College, Park Ln, Macclesfield SK11 8LF|
Gold Medal Winner 2015 Jimmy Page
Competition organising partner
Semta is the competition organising partner for the Industrial Electronics competition.Find out more