Heavy Vehicle Technicians service, maintain and repair heavy vehicle mechanical, electrical and electronic systems.
The competition has been designed to reflect the work role of a heavy vehicle technician, including skills such as time management, planning and problem solving.
- This is an individual competition
- There is no limit to the number of entries per organisation
- Competitors must be familiar with the core competencies (these can be found in the Tools section below) and must not have achieved a Level 3 in the last 12 months
Steps to taking part in this skills competition
- Register to enter this competition by 5 April 2019
- Competitors are requested to complete an online assessment at a selected centre, details of the location will be sent to you after registration
- Competitors will be invited to a National Qualifier at MAN Trucks Training Centre in Swindon in June 2019
- WorldSkills UK quality assure the results and finalists will be notified by September 2019
- Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2019 as part of WorldSkills UK Live
- Download the competition overview, core competencies and pre-competition activity pack from the Tools section to find out more about this skills competition and help with your preparation.
Heats, dates and venues
|12/06/2019||MAN Trucks, Frankland Road, Swindon|
|13/06/2019||MAN Trucks, Frankland Road, Swindon|
|14/06/2019||MAN Trucks, Frankland Road, Swindon|
Competition organising partner
The Institute of the Motor Industry (IMI) is the competition organising partner for the Heavy Vehicle Maintenance competition.Find out more