Automotive Technicians service, maintain and repair vehicle mechanical, electrical and electronic systems.
This WorldSkills UK competition focuses on all the essential requirements for a successful career as an automotive technician. The competition consists mainly of practical work on light vehicles and components around fault diagnosis, component replacement and repair.
- This is an individual competition.
- There is no limit to the number of entries per organisation
- Competitors must be familiar with the core competencies (these can be found in the Tools section below) and must not have achieved a Level 3 in the last 12 months
Steps to taking part in this skills competition
- Register to enter this competition by 5 April 2019
- Competitors are required to compete an online assessment. Details will be sent to you after registration
- Competitors will be invited to a National Qualifier at Toyota Lexus Academy in Burnaston in July 2019
- WorldSkills UK quality assure the results and finalists will be notified by September 2019
- Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2019 as part of WorldSkills UK Live
Download the competition overview, core competencies and pre-competition activity pack from the Tools section to find out more about this skills competition and help with your preparation.
Conor McGaughey Automotive Technology Gold Medal winner 2015
Competition organising partner
The Institute of the Motor Industry (IMI) is the competition organising partner for the Automotive Technology competition.Find out more