Automotive Technicians service, maintain and repair vehicle mechanical, electrical and electronic systems
This WorldSkills UK competition focuses on all the essential requirements for a successful career as an automotive technician. The competition consists mainly of practical work on light vehicles and components around fault diagnosis, component replacement and repair.
- This is an individual competition.
- There is no limit to the number of entries per organisation
- Competitors must be familiar with the core competencies (these can be found in the Tools section below) and must not have achieved a Level 3 in the last 12 months
Steps to taking part in this skills competition
- Register to enter this competition by 5 April 2019
- Competitors are required to complete an online assessment. Details will be sent to you after registration. The deadline for this stage is 26 April 2019.
- Competitors will be invited to a National Qualifier at Toyota Lexus Academy in Burnaston in July 2019
- WorldSkills UK quality assure the results and finalists will be notified by September 2019
- Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2019 as part of WorldSkills UK LIVE
Download the competition overview, core competencies and pre-competition activity pack from the Tools section to find out more about this skills competition and help with your preparation.
Heats, dates and venues
- Competitors are required to complete an online assessment by 26 April 2019.
|10/07/2019||Toyota Lexus Academy, Burnaston, Derby|
|11/07/2019||Toyota Lexus Academy, Burnaston, Derby|
|12/07/2019||Toyota Lexus Academy, Burnaston, Derby|
|15/07/2019||Toyota Lexus Academy, Burnaston, Derby|
|16/07/2019||Toyota Lexus Academy, Burnaston, Derby|
Conor McGaughey Automotive Technology Gold Medal winner 2015
Competition organising partner
The Institute of the Motor Industry (IMI) is the competition organising partner for the Automotive Technology competition.Find out more