An IT Support Technician operates on the frontline, repairing and configuring PCs, routers and networks.
This competition focuses on all the essential requirements for a successful career as an IT Support Technician within any industry.
This competition tests your ability to configure IT hardware and software to meet customer requirements. This will involve setting up a Client /Server network with a domain controller.
- This is an individual competition
- Up to 3 competitors are permitted to enter this competition per location/campus, and up to 6 in total per organisation.
- Competitors must be familiar with the core competencies (these can be found in the Tools section below) and must not have more than 2 years’ industry experience
Steps to taking part in this skills competition
- Register to enter this competition by 12 April 2019
- Competitors will be invited to a National Qualifier during Spring/Summer 2019.
- WorldSkills UK quality assure the results and finalists will be notified by September 2019.
- Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2019 as part of WorldSkills UK Live.
- Download the competition overview from the Tools section to find out more about this skills competition and help with your preparation.
- Pre-competition activity pack will be available soon.
Heats, dates and venues
|10/05/2019||NRC, Newton Abbey|
|03/06/2019||New College Lanarkshire|
|07/06/2019||Glasgow Clyde College|
|13/06/2019||Cardiff & Vale Coleg|
Competition organising partner
The Northumberland College is the competition organising partner for the IT Support Technician competition.Find out more