Accountancy is the process of communicating information about the financial state of an organisation to its stakeholders, usually in the form of financial statements. The broader skill set requires the individual to analyse, interpret and propose solutions to business related problems. Increasingly there is a need to understand and harness the data produced by an organisation in order to drive and manage change.
Please note registration is now closed for 2020
This competition has been designed to reflect the role of an Accountant and the standards that are expected within the financial sector.
The competition will take the format of a set business case study with accompanying tasks and assessments to be undertaken in the given time period.
Competitors will have to demonstrate the following skills throughout the regional qualifying rounds and final competition:
- Technical competence and Commercial acumen
- Ethics and Professionalism
- Professional Scepticism
- Analytical and Critical thinking
- Teamwork and Communication
- This is a team competition
- There is a maximum of 3 people per team (minimum 2 people per team)
- There is a limit of one team, per organisation that can be entered to each National Qualifier location
- There is no age limit for this competition
- This competition is intended for those studying, training and/or working in the accountancy sector. As such, competitors must be familiar with the core competencies listed above, and meet at least one of the following criteria: undertaking a Level 4 apprenticeship or higher; equivalent qualification (e.g. HND in Accounting); or have completed one these within the past 18 months.