Industry Representatives invited to join WorldSkills UK Moderation Panel
Tuesday, 08 Nov 2016
WorldSkills UK is inviting Competition Organising Partners to apply to join the moderation panel for the selection of Team UK for WorldSkills Abu Dhabi 2017.
- You will be joining the panel to validate and verify the selection of members to the team that will be selected to represent the UK at WorldSkills Abu Dhabi 2017.
- The panel will be chaired by the Director of Education and Skills Competitions and will consist of the Head of Education and Skills Competitions, the UK Expert, a Performance Coach and an external sector/industry lead.
- The duration of time required will be dependent on the number of skills you decide to moderate. Each moderation meeting will last up to 45 minutes.
- Should there be any appeals to a decision made, WorldSkills UK will call upon the respective panel members to support the complaints and appeals process.
- A guide will be made available for all sector/industry leads who are successful in taking up this role.
- The dates required to attend the moderation process will be Saturday 1st April and Sunday 2nd April 2017.
Criteria for the role
- Specialist expertise in the relevant skill competition.
- Knowledge and understanding of assessment techniques.
- A grasp of the WorldSkills Standards associated with the skill.
- Experience of quality assurance of processes in professional and technical skills training.
- Willingness and capacity to be challenged.