By supporting young people through our competition programmes their technical and employability skills propel to a world-class standard:
of young people who participated report improved technical and employability skills
report improved career prospects
said they increased their confidence and ability to work under pressure
Embedding competitions into curriculum delivery raises standards, improves outcomes and enhances engagement. It will benefit three distinct groups:
• improves personal, technical and employability skills
• more likely to complete their courses and achieve qualification goals
• has a positive effect on their ambition and aspirations for their future career
• inspires them to complete higher-level training.
• greater scope for creativity in teaching, training and learning techniques
• opportunities to benchmark and learn from others
• great for continuing professional development -extending pedagogical skills and knowledge
• personal recognition and development – opportunities to become competition judges, coaches and experts.
• supports the move from competence to excellence
• provides evidence for inspections
• delivering skills that underpin economic competitiveness
• national and international benchmarking and experience.
Skills competitions provide employers, colleges and independent training providers with a proven method of upskilling and developing young people from all backgrounds and abilities.