This module is designed to support colleges and training providers wanting to embed competitions in their teaching practice. The module will offer an overview of the benefits of embedding competition activities, how these can be easily implemented in the curriculum and how to run your own competitions by following six steps.
Access printable resources and templates such as checklists, guides, sample lesson plans and test projects to support the implementation of competition activity.
We believe you should have a record and be recognised for the skills you have developed from your experiences with WorldSkills UK. It’s why we issue digital credentials powered by Credly. Each credential is a verified skills record stored on a Credly profile page ready to share across your professional networks.
By supporting young people through our competition programmes their technical and employability skills propel to a world-class standard:
of young people who participated report improved technical and employability skills
report improved career prospects
said they increased their confidence and ability to work under pressure
Embedding competitions into curriculum delivery raises standards, improves outcomes and enhances engagement. It will benefit three distinct groups:
• improves personal, technical and employability skills
• more likely to complete their courses and achieve qualification goals
• has a positive effect on their ambition and aspirations for their future career
• inspires them to complete higher-level training.
• greater scope for creativity in teaching, training and learning techniques
• opportunities to benchmark and learn from others
• great for continuing professional development -extending pedagogical skills and knowledge
• resource libraries with documents to support the implementation of competition activity within your learning environment
• personal recognition and development – opportunities to become competition judges, coaches and experts
• supports the move from competence to excellence
• provides evidence for inspections
• delivering skills that underpin economic competitiveness
• national and international benchmarking and experience.