From today, students and apprentices can register for WorldSkills UK Competitions in over 60 skills, offering a fantastic opportunity to test their skills against others across the country.
Assessing apprentices’ and students’ practical skills, knowledge and employability attributes in competitive timed conditions, WorldSkills UK Competitions are proven to help young people go further, faster in their training and careers. Of competitors participating:
• 90% cite improvement in career progression from competition experience
• 86% claim improved technical skills
• 86% report improved personal and employability skills
• 90% state raised aspirations
• 89% report being inspired by taking part
Entry and participation are both free of charge.
Winners from the regional qualifiers taking place across the UK in each skill go forward to the National Finals in Birmingham in November. The best of the best will have the opportunity to join Squad UK, and potentially Team UK, undergoing world-class skill and mindset training before representing their country on the global stage in Lyon 2023, alongside competitors from around 70 countries.