2019 has been another busy and exciting year at WorldSkills UK. Take a look at some of our highlights…
- Team UK were selected for WorldSkills Kazan.
- With The RSA (Royal Society of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce), we launched a report about skills innovation in other countries.
- We oversaw 190 qualifying competitions, with 3,500 registrants.
- With the Skills, Knowledge and Organisational Performance (SKOPE) research centre at the University of Oxford, we launched a report on mainstreaming excellence in skills.
- We won 19 medals for the UK at WorldSkills Kazan.
- We launched the digital Careers Advice Toolkit, with over 250 schools registered.
- We welcomed over 72,000 people to WorldSkills UK LIVE.
- We tested the skills of over 500 competitors in the National Finals of the WorldSkills UK Competitions.
- We launched our inaugural Diversity and Inclusion Heroes Awards.
- With NOCN Group, we launched a report about international best practice in construction.
- Our Skills Champions network reached over 4500 young people.
We’re looking forward to doing more inspiring work in 2020 and helping more young people from all backgrounds get off to the best start in work and life.