WorldSkills UK is inviting Competition Organising Partners to apply to join the moderation panel for the selection of Team UK for WorldSkills Abu Dhabi 2017.
- You will be joining the panel to validate and verify the selection of members to the team that will be selected to represent the UK at WorldSkills Abu Dhabi 2017.
- The panel will be chaired by the Director of Education and Skills Competitions and will consist of the Head of Education and Skills Competitions, the UK Expert, a Performance Coach and an external sector/industry lead.
- The duration of time required will be dependent on the number of skills you decide to moderate. Each moderation meeting will last up to 45 minutes.
- Should there be any appeals to a decision made, WorldSkills UK will call upon the respective panel members to support the complaints and appeals process.
- A guide will be made available for all sector/industry leads who are successful in taking up this role.
- The dates required to attend the moderation process will be Saturday 1st April and Sunday 2nd April 2017.
Criteria for the role
- Specialist expertise in the relevant skill competition.
- Knowledge and understanding of assessment techniques.
- A grasp of the WorldSkills Standards associated with the skill.
- Experience of quality assurance of processes in professional and technical skills training.
- Willingness and capacity to be challenged.