For parents and families
Learn about the wide variety of career options available across the UK.
WorldSkills UK LIVE is here to help you and your family learn about the skills and career options available in the UK today.
The world of work, education and training has seen big changes in recent years. Keeping up to date with the latest opportunities has never been so important in ensuring your child gets the best start in life. That’s where WorldSkills UK LIVE comes in.
Free to attend, WorldSkills UK LIVE gives you and your family the chance to:
- Learn about a huge variety of skills and career opportunities. No other event covers such a range of sectors and industries.
- Speak to employers about real jobs and industry trends. Health Education England; Police, fire and rescue service; Cost; Pizza Express (470+ restaurants); Lloyds Banking Group; Bourne Leisure (Haven Holidays, Butlins and Warner Leisure Hotels) Access VFX (global non-profit promoting diversity and inclusion in the VFX industry; Rolls-Royce; Toyota; Airbus; National Demolition Training Group; HS2; RAF; Bam Nuttall (construction and civil engineering), are just a few of the big employers you can meet.
- Find out about education, training and apprenticeships.
- Employers will advertise jobs, placements, work experience and apprenticeships at Hubs across the show.
- Have a Go at different job-related skills and discover new talents and interests.
- Get impartial careers advice, with insight into growing industries and how to turn interests into career paths.
- Be inspired by the talents of young people competing in skills competitions.
Discover more about WorldSkills UK LIVE
Find out how the show is laid out, what activities will be available and essential visitor information: