Group travel bursary
Do you want your learners to visit the UK's biggest and best apprenticeship and careers event? We'll cover the cost of your travel if you're bringing 40 or more attendees to the event.
Find out if you're eligible for the WorldSkills UK LIVE group travel bursary below
Terms and Conditions
- Only visitors (students, teachers, non-teaching staff and other accompanying adults) attending WorldSkills UK LIVE 2019 as part of a registered group from an education establishment are eligible to make a group travel bursary claim.
- All claims must meet the minimum group number criteria of 40 attendees (including students, teachers, non-teaching staff and other accompanying adults). Payments of £160 will be paid per 40 attendees on the condition that the travel bursary application and claim process is followed, as outlined below, e.g. a group of 80 would receive £320.
- All claims must also meet one of the following criteria:
a)Your establishment is based outside the East or West Midlands*
b) Your establishment books and arrives at the show for an off-peak time slot (12.30pm, 1pm, 1.30pm and 2pm)*
- All claims must follow the travel bursary application and claim process as outlined below in order to qualify for payment.
- Independent schools and colleges are not eligible to apply for a travel bursary.
Eligibility criteria requirement
If you meet one of the two criteria below you're eligible for the bursary:
- *Criteria 1. Any group claiming a travel bursary for being based outside the East or West Midlands, must not be travelling from:
East Midlands: Derby, Derbyshire, Leicester, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Northamptonshire, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, Rutland.
West Midlands: Birmingham, Coventry, Dudley, Herefordshire, Sandwell, Shropshire, Solihull, Staffordshire, Stoke-on-Trent, Telford and Wrekin, Walsall, Warwickshire, Wolverhampton, Worcestershire.
- **Criteria 2. Any group claiming the travel bursary for booking an off-peak timeslot must attend WorldSkills UK LIVE 2019 on either the 12.30pm, 1pm, 1.30pm and 2pm timeslot on Thursday 21 or Friday 22 November 2019 and must not arrive any earlier than their registered timeslot. Payments will not be made for groups attending earlier than their registered timeslot. The arrival time for the group will be recorded as the first person in the group that enters the halls of the event.
Travel bursary application process (pre-show)
- All groups must reserve their travel bursary funding before WorldSkills UK LIVE 2019 by completing an online application form before 14 November 2019.
- Travel bursary funding will be reserved on a first-come-first-serve basis to eligible applicants.
- A waiting list will be operated for eligible applications received after all funding has been allocated.
- Pre-show travel bursary reservations or waiting list places are not guaranteed until it has been confirmed in an email from Worldskillsuklivetravel@educationcompany.co.uk
- If a group’s booking is cancelled, they must cancel their travel bursary funding as soon as possible by contacting us to enable us to reallocate funding to another group.
Travel bursary claim process (post-show)
- Travel bursary allocations will only be paid on the condition a group has fulfilled the terms and conditions of their bursary and on the receipt of claim form, which can be completed online.
- Claim forms must be received by Friday 20 December 2019. Claim forms received after this date will not be processed.
- Bursaries will be paid no later than 31 January 2020 and will be based on the actual number of visitors who attended the event, as well as the group’s arrival time (if applicable). This will be determined by scanning wristbands of attendees on entry to WorldSkills UK LIVE.
- If there is a discrepancy with group attendee numbers or group arrival time, evidence will be required, such as coach invoices including pick up times and student numbers.
- Any disputes on payments must be made by 14 February 2020.
- Cheques will be sent and made payable to the group name listed on the claim form. If cheques need to be re-issued a charge will be levied.
- In receiving a bursary, it is agreed that WorldSkills UK LIVE 2019 (or its appointed agency) may contact a sample of students for the purposes of evaluating the overall event experience.
- Incomplete or incorrectly completed claim forms will not be processed. It is the responsibility of the school or college provider to contact WorldSkills UK LIVE 2019 if no response regarding reimbursement is received.
- Registered groups reserving a travel bursary who do not attend without cancelling their booking will result in their school/college becoming ineligible for travel bursaries in subsequent years.