Diversity and Inclusion
We're ensuring opportunities for all at WorldSkills UK LIVE.
We are running a key set of programmes that aim to open up career opportunities for as many people as possible. Focusing on traditionally underrepresented groups, we want to be sure our competition teams truly reflect the society they represent.
We are launching two important initiatives to tackle issues of diversity and inclusion in skills competitions:
- The Raising Our BAME programme is aimed at increasing the number of competitors from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds. This programme is specifically targeting London, Manchester and Birmingham areas.
- Through our Women in Construction and Engineering programme, we are working with with Semta and the CITB to increase the number of young women attending the event, with a particular focus on engaging them in Construction and Engineering disciplines.
We are inviting colleges and organisations to select students to participate in these programmes, arranging a guided tour of the event for all participants.
Highlights of the programme include:
- The chance to talk to our Skill Champions, competitors and careers advisors
- Continued support to help them in their career development and to encourage them to take part in their local skills competitions
- An invitation to our team selection events to learn more about how to become part of the next Team UK.
Register your interest for either programme here: