The Catering competition focuses on the essential skills needed within the catering industry. The inclusive skill’s competitions have been created to showcase the skills of students of learning difficulties and build links between further education colleges (specialist and mainstream), work-based learning providers and employers across the country.
This competition has been designed to reflect a competitor’s knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Health and safety, hygiene, knife skills, use of equipment, presentation skills and knowledge of flavour combinations.
- The competition is practical and are open to people working towards Entry Level 3
- Overall the competition has been designed so that there is a clear line of sight to appropriate jobs, impacting on economic growth and personal success for competitors.
- This is an individual competition
- There is a limit of 2 entries per campus per organisation to the number of entries per organisation
- The competition is for the learners working towards Entry Level 3
- Competitors must be 16 years of age or over.
How you can take part
- Register to enter this competition
- Competitors will be invited to a National Qualifier during Spring/Summer 2020.
- WorldSkills UK quality assure the results and finalists will be notified by July 2020.
- Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2020 as part of WorldSkills UK LIVE.
Where you can take part
|New College Durham||Durham||North East||14/05/2020|
|New College Lanarkshire||Scotland||28/05/2020|
In order to help candidates to prepare for the competition cycle, please contact Pami Johal; Pami.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Specifically, request for the core competencies list and pre-activity pack.