The Catering competition focuses on the essential skills needed within the catering industry. The inclusive skill’s competitions have been created to showcase the skills of students of learning difficulties and build links between further education colleges (specialist and mainstream), work-based learning providers and employers across the country.
This competition has been designed to reflect a competitor’s knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Health and safety, hygiene, knife skills, use of equipment, presentation skills and knowledge of flavour combinations.
- The competition is practical and are open to people working towards Entry Level 3
- Overall the competition has been designed so that there is a clear line of sight to appropriate jobs, impacting on economic growth and personal success for competitors.
- This is an individual competition
- There is a limit of 2 entries per organisation
- The competition is for the learners working towards Entry Level 3
- Competitors must be 16 years of age or over.
Please note, we've postponed qualifiers taking place from April-June due to Coronavirus and are planning for these to take place later in the year. For more information please read our FAQs.
For more information about this competition, please contact Pami Johal; Pami.email@example.com.