Automotive refinishers specialise in refinishing vehicles and panels to restore their appearance after accident damage.
This WorldSkills UK competition focuses on all the essential requirements for a successful career as an automotive refinishing specialist. The competition has been designed to reflect the work role of a vehicle refinisher, including skills such as time management, planning and problem solving.
- This is an individual competition.
- There is no limit to the number of entries per organisation
- Competitors must be familiar with the core competencies (these can be found in the Tools section below) and must not have achieved a Level 3 in the last 12 months
Steps to taking part in this skills competition
- Register to enter this competition by 5 April 2019
- Competitors are required to complete an online assessment. Details will be sent to you after registration. The deadline for this stage is 19 April 2019
- Competitors will be invited to a National Qualifier at 3M Accident Repair Training Centre in Atherstone in May 2019
- WorldSkills UK quality assure the results and finalists will be notified by September 2019
- Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2019 as part of WorldSkills UK LIVE
Download the competition overview, core competencies and pre-competition activity pack from the Tools section to find out more about this skills competition and help with your preparation.
Heats, dates and venues
- Competitors are required to complete an online assessment by 19 April.
|22/05/2019||3M Ratcliffe Road Atherstone|
|23/05/2019||3M Ratcliffe Road Atherstone|
|24/05/2019||3M Ratcliffe Road Atherstone|
Daryl Head - Silver Medal winner in Car Painting at WorldSkills Abu Dhabi
Competition organising partner
The Institute of the Motor Industry (IMI) is the competition organising partner for the Automotive Refinishing competition.Find out more