Autobody Repair Technicians carry out repairs and replace damaged bodywork on all types of vehicles
This WorldSkills UK competition focuses on all the essential requirements for a successful career as an automotive body repair technician. The competition consists mainly of practical work in whole and part panel replacement and repair, welding, vehicle body alignment, bonding and fixing techniques.
- This is an individual competition
- There is no limit to the number of entries per organisation
- Competitors must be familiar with the core competencies (these can be found in the Tools section below) and must not have achieved a Level 3 in the last 12 months
Steps to taking part in this skills competition
- Register to enter this competition by 5 April 2019.
- Competitors are required to compete an online assessment. Details will be sent to you after registration.
- Competitors will be invited to a National Qualifier at Nationwide Training & Development Centre in Goole in June 2019.
- WorldSkills UK quality assure the results and finalists will be notified by September 2019.
- Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2019 as part of WorldSkills UK LIVE.
- Download the competition overview, core competencies and pre-competition activity pack from the Tools section to find out more about this skills competition and help with your preparation.
Heats, dates and venues
|26/06/2019||Nationwide Training and Development Centre, Lidice Road, Goole|
|27/06/2019||Nationwide Training and Development Centre, Lidice Road, Goole|
|28/06/2019||Nationwide Training and Development Centre, Lidice Road, Goole|
WorldSkills Abu Dhabi Bronze Medal winner Andrew Gault
Competition organising partner
The Institute of the Motor Industry (IMI) is the competition organising partner for the Automotive Body Repair competition.Find out more