Horticulturalists and Soft Landscapers are trained to maintain gardens and be involved in designing and planting containers and borders.
The Inclusive Skills competitions have been created to showcase the skills of students of learning difficulties and build links between further education colleges (specialist and mainstream), work-based learning providers and employers across the country.
This competition has been designed to reflect the standards and skills that are required to be a skilled/semi-skilled landscaper in today’s horticultural industry. Competitors will be required to complete various elements of soft landscape. This will include bed preparation, design and planting of a raised border.
- This is an individual Competition.
- Each organisation can enter up to 7 competitors.
- To be eligible to enter WorldSkills UK Competitions, participants must be at least 16 years of age on 1st September 2019
- Participants must be either employed in the UK, studying towards a relevant UK qualification or working towards an apprenticeship in a relevant trade in the UK
- Participants must have specific learning and support needs
- Participants may be asked to provide accreditation and/or RARPA based evidence of participants’ level and specific learning and support needs.
How you can take part
- Register to enter this Competition from Friday 8 March until 5 April 2019
- Competitors will be invited to a National Qualifier during Spring/Summer 2019, further details will be released soon
- WorldSkills UK quality assure the results and finalists will be notified by September 2019
- Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2019 as part of WorldSkills UK LIVE
Where you can take part
Dates and Venues to be confirmed at a later time.
For more information, contact us