A furniture and cabinet maker is an expert in making furniture from timber to very high specifications.
Cabinet makers make or repair furniture from solid timber or timber-based products. Cabinet Makers may specialise in particular areas such as bespoke design and make, re-production of antique furniture, fittings furniture, office furniture, shop fittings and production furniture. Cabinetmakers will operate a variety of hand tools and woodworking machines, such as power saws, jointers, and mortisers to surface, cut, or shape timber or timber-based products to manufacture furniture
- This is an individual competition
- A maximum of 3 entries per organisation
- Competitors must be familiar with the core competences (these can be found in the Tools section below)
Steps to taking part in this skills competition
- Register to enter this competition by 5 April 2019
- Competitors will be invited to a National Qualifier during Spring/Summer 2019.
- WorldSkills UK quality assure the results and finalists will be notified by September 2019.
- Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2019 as part of WorldSkills UK LIVE.
- Download the competition overview and core competencies from the Tools section to find out more about this skills competition and help with your preparation.
- Pre-competition activity pack will be available soon
Heats, dates and venues
|22/03/2019||Belfast Metropolitan College,|
|30/04/2019||City Of Glasgow College|
|13/06/2019||South Devon College|
Competition organising partner
The Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) is the competition organising partner for the Cabinet Making competition.