- awards are open to organisations and individuals operating in technical education and apprenticeships, including FE and Higher Education organisations, employers and training providers
- nominations can be submitted from a named contact at the FE or Higher Education organisation or employer etc, an individual or another party
- the awards are free to enter, and you can enter as many categories as you wish
- information included in the nomination submission should be relevant to the organisation’s or individual’s activities in the previous 18 months from the date of the nomination
- it is recommended to limit the responses to 900 words in total across all submission answers
- nomination submissions MUST be fully completed in all sections of the form
- following the deadline for nomination submissions, all nominees and those who submitted nominations will be contacted by WorldSkills UK
- the Judging Panel will convene in the month before the Awards Ceremony to assess the nominations. The Judging Panel will decide the winners based on the information included in the submissions, so do ensure you include as much information as possible, providing meaningful figures and impact metrics etc. to support your points and demonstrate success.
(Meaningful figures/impact metrics might include the extent, frequency and reach of your activities; testimonials or satisfaction data/insights from people you have worked with or supported; evidence of partnerships or relevant collaborations; or any other metric that illustrates a measure of success according to the category criteria, including links campaigns etc).
Who can submit nominations for these Awards?
Anyone can make submissions, and you can nominate your colleagues/peers or yourself. Please ensure you answer all the questions in the form, to enable the Judging Panel to make a full assessment of your submission (WorldSkills UK staff, employees and Board Members are excluded from being nominated for an award).
How do I submit a nomination?
You can submit nominations in as many categories as you deem appropriate.
Please use the criteria and questions outlined in the Nominations Form and ensure your submission covers each criterion in each form. The Judging Panel will use this criterion in making their decisions.
The more factual information, statistics and evidence you can provide for any of these questions/criteria, the better your chances of being a finalist on the shortlist. In particular, the Judging Panel will be looking for evidence of your success, impact, reach, and innovation.
When you have completed the form, click the ‘Submit’ icon.
What is the cost for entering the awards, or attending the Award Ceremony?
There is no cost to enter the awards or to attend the Awards Ceremony.
All Nominees and those who submitted nominations will be invited to attend the Diversity and Inclusion Heroes Awards Digital Ceremony being held on Thursday 28 January 2021, where the winners will be announced and congratulated. All attendees will need to register to attend. (Information about the Award Ceremony with the link to register will be sent to all nominees and those who submitted nominations by WorldSkills UK). Attendance is free.
When is the deadline for Award Nominations?
Award Nominations must be submitted by 4pm on Friday 11 December 2020.
Where do I submit my nomination?
Award Nomination forms should be submitted directly through the WorldSkills UK website, using the ‘Submit’ button at the end of the form.