The butchery competition focuses on all the essential skills required for a successful career as a multi-skilled Butcher within the Food Manufacturing Industry.
This competition focuses on all the essential skills required for a successful career as a multi-skilled/disciplined Butcher within the Food Manufacturing Industry.
This competition will test your overall skill, innovation, creativity, presentation, work ethic, method & approach to tasks, carcass & primal utilisation, waste and safe and hygienic working practice.
The Competition is made of heats and a final competition that will consist of five tasks, over the duration of two days in front of a live audience at the Skills Show at the NEC, Birmingham.
The competition is organised by Cambrian Training Company and supported by an Industry Steering Group.
Who can enter?
To enter the competition you will be required to register online.
Entrants do not have to hold any qualifications to enter, however you must not have completed higher than a level 4 in Food Manufacturing Excellence qualification or the equivalent to enter.
Entrants must be able to carry out the following tasks and skills to a satisfactory level as a minimum:
- Good Knife Skills with a minimum of 6 months practical experience.
- Primary & Secondary Butchery including Seam butchery with a minimum of 6 months practical experience.
- Good tying & stringing skills
- Must be able to mix, make, fill out and link sausages using natural skins consistently
- Must be able to use an electric sausage filler & mincer machine safely
- Must be able to supply your own knifes, small cutting equipment
- Must be able to supply display trays, product labels, recipes and cooking instructions where required
- The ability to prepare ready to eat products for example: pies, pasties, terrines, sausage rolls (please note these are just examples and are not limited)
- Must be able to produce innovative products
- The ability to prepare identical products
- The ability work under pressure and in front of an audience
Competition organising partner
Cambrian Training is the competition organising partner for the Butchery competition.Find out more