Get involved - young people
Apprentices from across the UK register with WorldSkills UK Competitions to compete against other like-minded individuals in a skill of their choosing.
What do WorldSkills UK Competitions involve?
Each Competition is a series of tests, designed by industry experts, which focus on the highest UK and international standards.
Competitions are designed to test a competitor’s knowledge, practical skills and attributes valued by employers, including successful completion of tasks set, problem-solving, time management and working under pressure. Competitors are marked against a rigorous framework that meets the WorldSkills UK quality assurance standards.
What can skills competitions do for you?
- A platform to strive and be recognised for excellence.
- Dramatically boost skills, confidence and performance at work, college, school or university.
- Demonstrate your potential to current and future employers.
- Benchmark your skills against others in your field.
- Get access to invaluable training from world-class experts.
- Stand out from the crowd and create prestige for your school, college, university or employer.
- Fast track your career and develop skills through participation in competition, including:
- Time management and organisation skills – working to tight competition timelines, managing your time allowing for work, training and competition
- Networking and communication skills – taking direction from industry peers, engaging with industry and peers, working alongside rivals
- Commitment and responsibility – understanding and meeting competition criteria and requirements.
- Opportunity to travel overseas.
You are looking for a supercharged career that makes the most of your skills. We’re looking for ambitious, talented young people just like you!
They are held at colleges and work places all over the UK – giving you the opportunity to compete with fellow classmates, apprentices or workmates. You can also take on other colleges and companies – finding out who has star potential!