Volunteering Edge Programme
Get the Edge by Volunteering at The Skills Show!
What is the Volunteering Edge Programme?
The Volunteering Edge Programme is a WorldSkills UK funded individuals aged over 16 who are not in education, training or employment to explore their career options and get ready to take their next steps into study or a job they enjoy.
You will have extra support and training from Stephenson College and WorldSkills UK in the lead up to The Skills Show and after the Show to make sure you can work out the best option for your future. As part of the programme you'll have the chance to:
- Receive accredited WorldHost training in customer service.
- Gain volunteering experience at the UK's largest skills and careers event focusing on customer service and event operations.
- Take part in exclusive activities such as Spotlight talks and sessions on transferable skills and self-employment in our brand new 'Ready for Work' area.
- Get information on site at The Skills Show to find suitable courses, apprenticeship, work experience, volunteering or job options for you.
How can I get involved?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, phone number and dates of availability for training and volunteering by Friday 11th November.
Participants will be over 16 and unemployed or not in training or education and available on the following dates in November to take part:
- 14th November - for 3 hours training.
- 16th November - for 1 hour familiarisation and site tour.
- 17th, 18th and 19th - 8am -4pm volunteering.
Travel expenses for each date outlined above up to £10 will be reimbursed per day including for training days. If they do know of anyone interested, please ask them to email email@example.com with the individual’s full name, phone number and email address and preference of training date by this Friday so we can register them.
If you have a work coach or are volunteering through another organisation, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org