Volunteer at WorldSkills UK LIVE
Registration for volunteering at WorldSkills UK LIVE will open in the summer.
Applications for the volunteer team are now closed for this year and will be relaunching in late summer 2018 for next year’s event.
What is WorldSkills UK LIVE?
Over 73,000 people attended the event at the NEC Birmingham in 2017, making it the UK’s largest skills and careers event. As a volunteer, you will be supporting visitors at the show to:
- See over 50 WorldSkills UK Competitions from mobile robotics to floristry.
- Have a Go at a wide variety of work-based skills from web design to healthcare.
- Get impartial advice from careers professionals.
- Speak to a range of employers, colleges and training providers.
- Hear inspirational talks from a range of professionals.
Why do we need volunteers?
The 408 volunteers who took part in the 2017 event delivered ten of thousands of hours of volunteering. Their contribution in both time and energy ensured the visitor experience was exceptional. Without them the event would not have been possible. Hear what volunteers from last year’s show thought of the experience.
Benefits of Volunteering at WorldSkills UK LIVE
We aim to give all our volunteers a valuable experience and provide the best possible training and support, as well as creating opportunities for volunteers to meet employers and learn about career opportunities.
Training and personal development:
- Training and full introduction to WorldSkills UK LIVE from Event Management professionals.
- Health and Safety online training module for build volunteers.
- On site briefing prior to your shift.
- Experience at the UK’s largest careers and skills exhibition and great for your CV.
- Meet employers and learn more about technical and professional career options.
- Receive a certificate for your volunteering contribution.
Applications for our Volunteer Team Leader programme are now closed. If you would like to know more about the programme for 2018 please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
WorldSkills UK is proud to hold the Investing in Volunteers (IiV) quality standard.