Volunteer at The Skills Show
Registration for The Skills Show 2018 will open in the summer.
Thanks to The Skills Show volunteer team 2017!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at The Skills Show 2017. Applications for the volunteer team are now closed for this year and will be relaunching in late summer 2018 for next year’s event.
What is The Skills Show?
Over 72,000 people attended The Skills Show at the NEC Birmingham in 2016, making it the UK’s largest skills and careers event. Spread out over 10 football pitches of space, this year’s show takes place 16-18 November. As a volunteer, you will be supporting visitors at the show to:
- See over 50 WorldSkills UK Skills Competitions from mobile robotics to floristry.
- Have a Go at a wide variety of work-based skills from web design to healthcare.
- Get impartial advice from careers professionals.
- Speak to a range of employers, colleges and training providers.
- Hear inspirational talks from a range of professionals.
Why do we need volunteers?
The 471 volunteers who took part in the 2016 event delivered over 20,000 hours of volunteering. Their contribution in both time and energy ensured the visitor experience was exceptional. Without them the event would not have been possible. Hear what volunteers from last year’s show thought of the experience.
Registration for The Skills Show 2017 Volunteer Team is now open for our Event Steward Volunteer roles.
Benefits of Volunteering at The Skills Show
We aim to give all our volunteers a valuable experience and provide the best possible training and support, as well as creating opportunities for volunteers to meet employers and learn about career opportunities.
Training and personal development:
- Training and full introduction to The Skills Show from Event Management professionals.
- Health and Safety online training module for build volunteers.
- On site briefing prior to your shift.
- Experience at the UK’s largest careers and skills exhibition and great for your CV.
- Meet employers and learn more about technical and professional career options.
- Receive a certificate for your volunteering contribution.
Applications for our Volunteer Team Leader programme are now closed. If you would like to know more about the programme for 2018 please contact email@example.com
WorldSkills UK is proud to hold the Investing in Volunteers (IiV) quality standard.