Since 2011 we have run over 400 separate regional events reaching young people with engaging content provided by leading local employers and educators. These events are in addition to our flagship event WorldSkills UK LIVE held each November at Birmingham NEC.
Local experiential careers and skills events
Cornwall Careers Show 12 and 13 October 2016
- Delivered by WorldSkills UK in conjunction with the CSW Group.
- Funded by The Careers & Enterprise Company.
- Attracted over 3,000 visitors (79 of which were NEET individuals and 103 had special educational needs and/or disabilities).
11 industry Zones:
- Construction/Engineering/Environmental Technologies
- Public Services/Blue Light/Armed Forces
- Health, Social Care and Wellbeing
- Digital/IT/Business and Enterprise
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Sport and Leisure
- Land-based and Agriculture
- Food and Drink (Manufacturing)
- Colleges/Schools/Training Providers
Northampton Skills Show 11 July 2017
- Delivered through a collaboration including WorldSkills UK; SEMLEP; University of Northampton and emfec
- Funded by The Careers & Enterprise Company, Aspire and Northamptonshire County Council
- Attracted nearly 700 young people and over 100 teachers.
Featured activities included:
- Have a Go activities offered by exhibitors
- Skills competition showcases with experts demonstrating key vocational skills
- Careers advisers giving up t date advice on apprenticeships, training opportunities qualifications and jobs.
- WorldSkills UK Skills Champions acting as role models for young people demonstrating their skills and sharing their unique insight into routes into employment.
The event produced significant outcomes:
- % of young people said their visit was either ‘extremely enjoyable’ or ‘enjoyable’.
- 9% learned about jobs they were interested in, and 35.5% discovered jobs they had not thought about before.
- 84% of young people stated that they got to know ‘a little’, ‘a fair amount’ or ‘a great deal’ about technical and vocational education.
- 3% of visitors said they now knew more about apprenticeships.
- 45% of young people said they would now consider an apprenticeship.
Peterborough Mission Possible Careers Show 27 June 2017
- Delivered through a collaboration including WorldSkills UK and Opportunity Peterborough’s Skills Service team.
- Funded by The Careers & Enterprise Company; The Learning and Enterprise Partnership ‘Signpost 2 Skills’ project and sponsorship from key local organisations.
- Attracted over 4,000 young people
Nine Industry Zones:
- Lifestyle & Wellbeing
- Engineering, Construction and Manufacturing
- Teacher/careers professionals
- Uniformed Services
- Food and Drink.
- Have a Go hands-on activities giving a feel of what different jobs might be like.
- Skills Competitions Showcases by students and experts demonstrating vocational skills.
- WorldSkills UK Skills Champions role models engaging in dialogue with visitors about their own routes to training and employment.
- CV bootcamp giving tips on CV writing and succeeding at interviews.
- Live music, dance and drama performances from performing arts students.