Get involved - young people
Apprentices from across the UK register with WorldSkills UK Competitions to compete against other like-minded individuals in a skill of their choosing.
What do WorldSkills UK Competitions involve?
Each competition is a series of tests, designed by industry experts, which focus on the highest UK and international standards.
Competitions are designed to test a competitor’s knowledge, practical skills and attributes valued by employers, including successful completion of tasks set, problem-solving, time management and working under pressure. Competitors are marked against a rigorous framework that meets the WorldSkills UK quality assurance standards.
What can skills competitions do for you?
- A platform to strive and be recognised for excellence.
- Dramatically boost skills, confidence and performance at work, college, school or university.
- Demonstrate your potential to current and future employers.
- Benchmark your skills against others in your field.
- Get access to invaluable training from world-class experts.
- Stand out from the crowd and create prestige for your school, college, university or employer.
- Fast-track your career and develop skills through taking part in competitions, including:
- Time management and organisation skills – working to tight competition timelines, managing your time allowing for work, training and competition
- Networking and communication skills – taking direction from industry peers, engaging with industry and peers, working alongside rivals
- Commitment and responsibility – understanding and meeting competition criteria and requirements.
- Opportunity to travel overseas.
You are looking for a supercharged career that makes the most of your skills. We’re looking for ambitious, talented young people just like you!
Competitions are held at colleges and workplaces all over the UK – giving you the opportunity to compete with fellow classmates, apprentices or workmates. You can also take on other colleges and companies – finding out who has star potential!