Get involved - employers
Training the next generation of young workers has become of paramount importance as the UK’s skills gap widens
Download our case studies: The Case for Skills Competitions: Employers
If the UK is to compete internationally and attract global investment, the nation’s workforce will need to be trained to international standards. Each competition presents a series of tests, designed by industry experts, which focus on the highest UK and International standards.
Recognising the importance of the Competitions in developing talent, the Apprenticeship Levy can be used to support apprentices taking part.
By registering your apprentices to take part in WorldSkills UK Competitions you will:
- Access the Apprenticeship Levy to support apprentices’ involvement
- Contribute to meeting the 20% off the job training requirement
- Enhance and test skills in preparation for End Point Assessment (EPA)
- Develop a training programme which meets apprenticeship standards
- Help your apprentices develop employability skills using real life scenarios
- Demonstrate your apprentices’ abilities by benchmarking their skills against apprentices from other businesses throughout the UK, and potentially internationally
This is why businesses return to WorldSkills UK time and time again, entering new apprentices with the aim of boosting productivity and empowering the next generation of skilled workers.
WorldSkills UK Competitions inspire future generations to be ambitious in their pursuit for excellence, while equipping them with life-long, world-class skills. These talented individuals will be key in helping UK businesses compete on the global stage.