Personal Trainers provide safe and effective exercise and fitness programme design, instruction and assistance to help clients reach personal health and fitness goals.
Please note registration is now closed for 2020
The competition has been designed by fitness industry and fitness education experts to test the role of a Personal Trainer to world class standards. Throughout the competition, the tasks will test an aspiring Personal Trainer on:
- General Presentation & Professionalism
- Fitness Testing
- Consultation and lifestyle profiling
- Instructing 1-1
- Business skills
- Social Media Usage
- Hard Skills
- Group Instructing
- Use of technology
Please note that following current government guidelines to ensure social distancing, your video submission does not need to include a client - you can perform all exercises yourself. You can also record the video in any location such as a suitable room within your home, or your garden
- This is an individual competition
- There are no limits to the number of entries per organisation
- Competitors should be studying for or have recently completed a Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training or equivalent. The qualification or any units of the qualification can not have been completed before 1 September in the year previous to entry.
- Competitors may only enter the competition in any one given year
Please note, we've postponed qualifiers taking place from April-June due to Coronavirus and are planning for these to take place later in the year. For more information please read our FAQs.
- Registered applicants will be required to complete a passive test by Friday 8 May 2020.
Please email FitnessTrainer.Comp@aoc.co.uk to request a resource pack to help competitors prepare for the competition