Culinary Artists have a good knowledge of all aspects of a modern kitchen including basic butchery, fishmongery and bakery, along with good cookery and presentation skills.
Culinary Artists have a good knowledge of all aspects of a modern kitchen including basic butchery, fishmongery and bakery, along with good cookery and presentation skills. The competitors for culinary arts should have a good all-round knowledge of both modern and classic cuisine be adaptable and motivated and be able to perform under time constraints. The national qualifiers will be based around classic cookery and core skills, with consistency of product and food safety high on the priority listing.
- This is an individual competition
- Up to 3 entries per location or campus, no limit per organisation
- Competitors must be familiar with the core competencies (these can be found in the Tools section below) and be training or working towards a Level 3 qualification or have achieved a Level 3 qualification in the last 12 months
Steps to taking part in this skills competition
- Register to enter this competition by 12 April 2019.
- Competitors will be invited to a National Qualifier during Spring/Summer 2019, further details will be released in the New Year.
- WorldSkills UK quality assure the results and finalists will be notified by September 2019.
- Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2019 as part of WorldSkills UK Live.
- Download the competition overview and pre-competition activity pack from the Tools section to find out more about this skills competition and help with your preparation.
Heats, dates and venues
|12/06/2019||Hull College Queens Garden Campus HU1 3DG|
|22/05/2019||City of Glasgow College Townsend Campus Glasgow G1 2TG|
|04/06/2019||South Eastern Regional College, Castle Park Road, Bangor, BT20 4TD|
|18/06/2019||Cardiff and Vale College, Dumballs Road CF10 5BF|
|02/07/2019||South Thames College, Hospitality and Catering, Merton Campus, London Road, Morden
Surrey, SM4 5QX
Nicole Finnie, Gold medal winner 2015
Competition organising partner
The Craft Guild of Chefs is the competition organising partner for the Culinary Arts competition.Find out more