The butchery competition focuses on all the essential skills required for a successful career as a multi-skilled Butcher within the Food Manufacturing Industry.
This competition focuses on all the essential skills required for a successful career as a multi-skilled/disciplined Butcher within the Food Manufacturing Industry. It will test your overall skill, innovation, creativity, presentation, work ethic, method & approach to tasks, carcass & primal utilisation, waste and safe and hygienic working practice.
- This is an individual competition
- There is no limit to the number of entries per organisation
- Competitors do not have to hold a qualification to enter, however you must not have completed higher than a level 4 in Food Manufacturing Excellence qualification or the equivalent and should not have more than 5 years’ industry experience
- Competitors must be familiar with the core competencies (these can be found in the Tools section below)
Steps to taking part in this skills competition
- Register to enter this competition by 5 April 2019
- Competitors will be invited to a National Qualifier during Spring/Summer 2019, further details will be released in the New Year.
- WorldSkills UK quality assure the results and finalists will be notified by September 2019.
- Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2019 as part of WorldSkills UK Live.
- Download the competition overview, core competencies and pre-competition activity pack from the Tools section to find out more about this skills competition and help with your preparation.
Competition organising partner
Cambrian Training is the competition organising partner for the Butchery competition.Find out more