A Beauty Therapist is a specialist in face and body treatments, make up and skincare advice.
The competition focuses on the role and tasks of a beauty therapist. This includes carrying out a range of treatments which reflect both current and traditional beauty therapy treatments. The selected treatments will be a reflection of current industry requirements.
- This is an individual competition
- A maximum of 2 entries per organisation
- Competitors must be familiar with the core competences (these can be found in the Tools section below) and have achieved a full Level 2 Beauty Therapy Diploma qualification within the last two years and/or are enrolled in a programme of study working towards Beauty Therapy Level 3 or Level 4
Steps to taking part in this skills competition
- Register to enter this competition by 5 April 2019
- Competitors will be invited to a National Qualifier during Spring/Summer 2019, further details will be released in the New Year
- WorldSkills UK quality assure the results and finalists will be notified by September 2019
- Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2019 as part of WorldSkills UK Live
- Download the competition overview and pre-competition activity pack from the Tools section to find out more about this skills competition and help with your preparation.
Competition organising partner
Coleg Cambria is the competition organising partner for the Beauty Therapy - Body competition.