Robotic Engineers assemble, set-up, manage and maintain the mechanical systems within a mobile robot as well as install, operate and trouble-shoot mobile robot control systems.
WorldSkills UK Robotics competitions focus on high level engineering skills such as planning strategies to solve problems, programming autonomous systems and understanding the use of sensors and actuators. A team of two competitors are required to design, construct and programme a robot to undertake a range of challenging tasks.
- This is a team competition for 3 competitors
- A maximum of 5 team entries per organisation
- Competitors must not have more than five years’ experience in the design and robotics industry
Steps to taking part in this skills competition
- Register to enter this competition by 5 April 2019
- Competitors will be invited to a National Qualifier during Spring/Summer 2019, further details will be released in the New Year
- WorldSkills UK quality assure the results between July and August and finalists will be notified by September 2019
- Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2019 as part of WorldSkills UK Live
- Download the pre-competition activity pack from the Tools section to find out more about this skills competition and help with your preparation.
Competition organising partner
Semta is the competition organising partner for the Mechatronics competition.Find out more