Railway Infrastructure Engineering
High speed rail is a specialist occupational area of work. and includes civil engineers, higher technicians in track, power and infrastructure, and operations managers.
A Railway Infrastructure Technician provides technical solutions across the construction, maintenance and operation of a high-speed railway.
- This is a team competition
- There is a limit to the number of competitors permitted to enter this competition per organisation (Limit to be confirmed)
- Competitors must be familiar with the core competencies (these can be found in the Tools section below) and should currently be in education, training or employment and working towards a Level 4 qualification
Steps to taking part in this skills competition
- Register to enter this competition by 5 April 2019.
- Competitors may be requested to complete an online assessment or submit an entry for initial assessment, further information to follow.
- Competitors will then be invited to a National Qualifier during Spring/Summer 2019, further details will be released in the New Year.
- WorldSkills UK quality assure the results and finalists will be notified by September 2019.
- Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2019 as part of WorldSkills UK Live.
- Download the core competencies from the Tools section to find out more about this skills competition and help with your preparation.
- Pre-competition activity pack will be available soon.