This competition involves engineers of different disciplines working together to produce a finished product.
Manufacturing Team Challenge covers designing and manufacturing equipment assemblies. The competition involves a variety of skills including design at draft and computerised levels and applying manufacturing skills such as manual and computer-aided machining, welding, installing and assembling, automation and electronics.
- This is for a team of 3 competitors
- A maximum of 2 team entries per organisation
- Team members must be familiar with the core competencies (these can be found in the Tools section below) and must not have more than 3 years’ industry experience
Steps to taking part in this skills competition
- Register to enter this competition by 5 April 2019
- Teams will be invited to a National Qualifier during Spring/Summer 2019, further details will be released in the New Year.
- WorldSkills UK quality assure the results and finalists will be notified by September 2019.
- Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2019 as part of WorldSkills UK Live.
- Download the competition overview and pre-competition activity pack from the Tools section to find out more about this skills competition and help with your preparation.
Joanne O'Brien (Semta) with Coleg Sir Gar Manufacturing Team Challenge Gold Medal winners 2015
Competition organising partner
Semta is the competition organising partner for the Manufacturing Team Challenge competition.Find out more