Industrial Control Technicians control systems used in the industrial and infrastructure sectors.
The competition has been designed to reflect the role of a Control Systems Engineer and the standards that are expected within the industry, also covered are elements of electrical and automation installation.
- This is a team competition for 2 competitors
- There is no limit to the number of team entries per organisation
- Competitors must be familiar with the core competences (these can be found in the Tools section below) and can be working towards a level 3 qualification or qualified in the last 12 months
Steps to taking part in this skills competition
- Register to enter this competition by 5 April 2019
- Teams will be invited to a National Qualifier during Spring/Summer 2019.
- WorldSkills UK quality assure the results and finalists will be notified by September 2019.
- Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2019 as part of WorldSkills UK LIVE.
- Download the core competencies and pre-competition activity pack from the Tools section to find out more about this skills competition and help with your preparation.
Heats, dates and venues
|25/07/2019||Festo Ltd, Applied Automation Centre, Caswell Road, Brackmills, Northampton, NN4 7PY|
|26/07/2019||Festo Ltd, Applied Automation Centre, Caswell Road, Brackmills, Northampton, NN4 7PY|
The Automated Technology Group - Gold Medal Winners 2015
Competition organising partner
Siemens is the competition organising partner for the Industrial Control competition.Find out more