CNC programmer/machinists combine cutting edge design with computer programming and engineering skills to improve the efficiency and quality of today’s production finished products.
From space craft to racing cars to games consoles they help design and manufacture tomorrow’s ideas.
The CNC Milling competition prepares you for industry by putting you in the role of the CNC machinist. Competitors will work to a set brief and use CNC machine tools to cut, drill, shape and finish products and components used in engineering and manufacturing. This WorldSkills UK competition is managed by Semta, in collaboration with DMG Mori and other industry partners.
- This is an individual competition
- A maximum of 6 entries per organisation
- Competitors must be familiar with the core competencies (these can be found in the Tools section below) and must not have more than 3 years’ industry experience
Steps to taking part in this skills competition
- Register to enter this competition by 5 April 2019.
- Competitors are requested to submit an entry for initial assessment, further information coming soon.
- Shortlisted competitors will be invited to a National Qualifier during Spring/Summer 2019.
- WorldSkills UK quality assure the results and finalists will be notified by September 2019.
- Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2019 as part of WorldSkills UK Live.
- Download the competition overview, core competencies and pre-competition activity pack from the Tools section to find out more about this skills competition and help with your preparation.
Joanne O'Brien (Semta) with Gold Medal Winner 2015 Phillip Whiteside
Competition organising partner
Semta is the competition organising partner for the CNC (Computer Numerically Controlled) Turning competition.Find out more